Thursday, December 5, 2013

Kohdee's birthday

Kohdee was born on March 5, 2009 at 2:30pm by c-section in Vibharam hospital in Bangkok, Thailand.  That is his official birthday.  However, I think birthdays are really the date of conception (DOC for short).  That was 9 months prior which means his real birthday was around June 5, 2008.

When Kohdee was 5 and one half weeks old, in the early part of July, his mother asked me to go for her first ultrasound.  I went, but did not expect anything and was still worried about being a father, but had accepted my fate.  I had already given her a 10 baht gold bar to make sure she knew that I would do my best to take care of her while she was pregnant.  But anyhow, when I saw him on ultrasound, it occurred to me how strongly he was attached at the upper right part of her womb.  It looked like a very strong attachment.  As I stood there and looked at the image, suddenly I felt something powerful overwhelm me.  I became quite emotional and had to walk out of the room briefly to compose myself.  I realized that Kohdee had "felt" me through the ultrasound and his soul had attached to me.  It was at that moment that I realized that human souls are attached at at least 5 and one half weeks.  There is no other explanation possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment